After a few more days of using this gadget here are my thoughts
- Calls can be dropped by holding it the “wrong” way but it only happens in low signal strength areas (my room). Not all the time though.
- Battery life is not that great, it sure can last for an entire day out with heavy use (gaming, music, 3g) but 2 days is pushing it.
- Camera is so so, even with 5MP night shots are not very impressive. Otherwise its a good portable camera.
- Speed of the device is insane, even users who used 3Gs were impressed. Loading of 250 page pdfs are quick and navigate without lag.
- Singtel’s 3G network is fast, but did encountered places with no coverage and slow load times.
- It is impossible to use finish a 12 GB dataplan, unless u tether on a regular basis.
- 4square is a retarded mobile game.
- WLAN, VPN settings for the iPhone 4 work and were posted earlier.
- Bought my first app. Whatsapp. Was so simple to buy that it scared me. Just 1 click and 99 cents USD is gone.
that is quite surprising…
This this mean we have one of the most open and competitive telco markets? Are the telcos in Singapore not colluding with each other at all and actually trying to kill each other? Could it be the strong SGD against the EURO?
Sadly the link that helps you create the iphone network config file does work for my iPhone 4 anymore.
When i click WLAN-Student on the wifi menu it simply doesnt connect.
Below is the sure-fire way to connect.
(Tested on iPhone 4 OS 4.0.1 that is)
It wont auto connect to WLAN but WLAN-Student will show up in your wifi menu.
Enter the following settings and you are done!
This tip is for the muggers out there!
Read your notes anywhere and everywhere. You will always have them by yourself while traveling to school or waiting for a friend.
The beautiful iPhone 4 retina display makes reading on a small device so enjoyable that i may read notes everywhere i go!
- First get a DropBox Account and get the dropbox app for mac/windows so that you can sync files from your laptop to the server.
- Create a link from your notes folder to your drop box folder.
Go here for more info on how to do that
- Download and install the dropbox app for iphone and key in your login details
Now you have your notes everywhere! (with Data plan connection that is) and it auto syncs to any changes u do to them!